7 Reasons to Go and See Coldplay at Hampden Tonight
1. Someone has to question their original band name choices.
According to Wikipedia (so it must be true) Chris Martin and Johnny Buckland started out in a group called Pectoralz. That’s a taps aff excuse if ever I saw one. Then they switched things up and went for Starfish, which is nice enough, but I think we all breathed a sigh of relief when they settled for Coldplay in 1997. RIP Pectoralz. It’s been fun.
2. Just… this.
Is there anything more fabulous than vids of bands before they were famous? And to think people say Chris Martin hasn’t got a sense of humour.
3. They have won a bajillion prizes for being great.
9 Brit Awards, 5 Billboard Music Awards, 7 Grammy Awards and 5 MTV Music Awards (amongst others) can’t be too far wrong.
4. Chris Martin does tell jokes
It’s not amazing. And it’s not a Chris Martin original. But it has a punchline, and the Germans bloody loved it so what more do you need?
5. They’re genuinely lovely lads
6. Support act Lianne La Havas is unmissable
7. There’s going to be some serious anthems to sing along to.
We couldn’t decide so here are some of our favs to get you excited. Have fun, Glasgow!
Tickets available here.